it takes mu to mutango...
Mildly Mutating Mayhem
You can play the single player version of Mutango in the browser now!
Mutate your own procedurally generated landscape vignette...
...by choosing which "Match Cards" are active and...shuffling a bit.
Do you get a rapidly repeating pattern or rolling random results?
Who lives in that world? And why?
how to play
1. Once in-game: Press purple "Start" button. (Currently Itch.io full screen button overlaps it a bit so you may not want to accidentally click that.)
2. If you're the sort that likes more control, you can:
- Click "Shuffle" to rearrange the "Match Cards" which determine how tile colours change and items get added to tiles.
- Choose which Match Cards are active by clicking on the light blue card background. When a card is de-activated (appears greyed out) you can click it again to re-activate.
(Currently there's an implementation flaw that means when cards are de-activated motion may appear slower/more jerky.)
- Click "Next" to advance one tile row at a time.
- If you prefer an overhead 2D "orthographic" view of your world you can click the "Ortho" camera toggle switch.
- Press the "Stop" button.
- Restart from scratch by...refreshing the page. :)
how it works
The current implementation works a row at a time--trying to apply the top-most activate Match Card to each tile in the row until it succeeds and moves onto the next tile & card or fails and places the card at the bottom of the stack. Or something like that... :)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.