The original Bros who Smash... your solar plexus! It's the Brawl of This Century!!
- Keyboard (+Mouse)
- Movement: WASD and/or Arrow Keys
- Jump: Space Bar
- Attack: j or Left Mouse Button (LMB)
- Dodge: [TODO]
- Special Attack: [TODO]
[WIP version which may be updated before jam submission deadline]
When I saw the first volumes of The Hardy Boys from 1927 were now in the Public Domain it immediately brought to mind memories of three very distinct Hardy Boys-related words/phrases from my childhood:
- "Solar Plexus" (People were always getting hit there--but I had look its location up!)
- "Chet" (A most unfamiliar name!)
- "Jalopy" (Another unfamiliar term I had to look up! :) Such a great word.)
("Ice yacht" was a close fourth runner-up, in case anyone was wondering. )
The idea of developing a brawler/platform fighter game followed quickly. After learning about other works entering the public domain this year & disappearing down many research rabbit holes a supporting storyline started to form too.
(A storyline weaving together The Hardy Boys, Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy, pies, Sherlock Holmes, Winnie the Pooh, copyright law, Public Domain, publishing companies, societal norms, comedy and even [SPOILER]. Only a mere fraction of which actually got implemented in time for jam submission, of course.)
Along the way I also learned about a bunch of other stuff too...
Anyway, thanks for reading and/or playing the game!
- Made with Godot 4.0 Beta 9.
- v0.0.5 - First public upload & initial jam submission.
- v0.0.6 - Updated version:
- More responsive level loading.
- Graphics updated.